Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Behaviour Policy

MegaMum

I have read through all the updates on Safeguarding as I have been renewing that policy this afternoon, and looked at the inspection handbook and there is mention of a Staff Behaviour Policy! Really??? .... we don't have to have a behaviour policy for children (I do though) yet we need one for staff?

What kind of things need to be on that, which aren't obvious?

We have a staff code of conduct policy which I guess could be the same thing?

It just states expectations of staff with regard to language they use, uniform, no smoking, no nail varnish when preparing food, no jewellery except for stud earrings and wedding rings etc, being a role model, behaving in a way that doesn't impact negatively on the setting etc etc

I've given up 'working' today so not near my desk, but I am sure it was in Safeguarding. Think they have put it in to catch us out. I'm quite unnerved about all the changes ... ... I have jotted things down as I have read them and now have 3 pages of notes and need to make sure I have them in my policy and only a day to complete it! Perhaps I have procrastinated too much...

I've given up 'working' today so not near my desk, but I am sure it was in Safeguarding. Think they have put it in to catch us out. I'm quite unnerved about all the changes ... ... I have jotted things down as I have read them and now have 3 pages of notes and need to make sure I have them in my policy and only a day to complete it! Perhaps I have procrastinated too much...

But tomorrows a Bank Holiday - if they can take a day off without worrying that the country will fall to pieces I'm sure you can too!

Do what I do - stick a post-it on the old policy saying BEING REVIEWED!! : ) Then when I have a minute........

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)