Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Best place to advertise a vacancy?

We're struggling to recruit and I need to widen my net... where, in your opinion, would be the best place to advertise a part-time deputy role that will attract decent candidates???

Thanks!

We can advertise free on the LA's website. Anyone looking for early years jobs would know to look there. If we don't have any luck with that I use the local papers. You can advertise your vacancy here on the forum too, but I've never done that so don't know what sort of response people usually get.

Edited by Stargrower

Local school newsletter? ours used to allow us to place small adverts for places and jobs.. often we found a parent who was qualified and who would not usually have come forward.. found some very good staff that way.

Tried all of the above except the LA website - I'm not even sure if that's an option, but I'm off to find out! Thank you :)

Edited to add: Just discovered I have already done that too! Oh well...

Edited by HiAPreschool

Done all the local places we can. Our committee chair is an EY lecturer but none of her graduates is interested :( The trouble is the hours are so limited (18 over the week, term-time only) so it really only suits a tiny proportion of job seekers I suppose! Will see if anyone wants to put an ad in their car windows though - good idea! No point me doing it as I live miles and miles away from work!