Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Enco training

Thanks I emailed our CPD team and the response was that the course was not mandatory but having a Enco is !

How ridiculous!

I'm quite concerned about training now, I'm sure I'm not the only one with daily emails from companies promoting courses and they cost hundreds of £'s - luckily we don't have the money for that but how do you know what you are 'buying in to' is reputable & relevant?

• Like 1

No not mandatory, it was taken out fo the last EYFS framework. However you still need to show how your practice is inclusive and anti discriminatory and for any settings they prefer to still have an equalities leader, or combine equalities with SENCo and have just one inclusion lead.

• Like 1

No not mandatory, it was taken out fo the last EYFS framework. However you still need to show how your practice is inclusive and anti discriminatory and for any settings they prefer to still have an equalities leader, or combine equalities with SENCo and have just one inclusion lead.

Thanks, we are inclusive and anti discriminatory, just do not have named person overseeing it, it just happens all the time!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi i have just been named the Enco person for my setting :( :unsure: :wacko: .Please can you give me ANY information that may help me do this role.

At present i am googling everything i can to do with it ! but thought i would ask you lovely lot for help and inspiration.

Thank you in advance :D