Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Wild Animals

Hello

Our topic is wild animals and I would normally do a whole section using the Book 'Handa's Surprise'. However I only started this job at Easter (Nursery teacher for Nursery attached to a school - 50 children on roll, 25 per session) and now find out that they have already looked at Handa's Surprise whilst doing another topic before I got there. What I'm looking for is any ideas for another book to use (we have spent some time looking at Wild Animals in general, but I would now like to use a book as a guide) and some activities to go with it.

I had thought I might use 'One Bear at Bedtime' as there are wild animals in there and can use lots of counting activities. I also have a great book called 'Pass the Parcel' which has animals patterns and shapes. None of them inspire me as much as Handa's Surprise though so I would love any other suggestions. We have already looked at 'Rumble in the Jungle' and 'Walking Through the Jungle'.

Thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)