Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What info do you send home to parents?

Our supervisor does a half termly overview that says what our topic is going to be and then breaks down our loose planning ideas into the areas of learning and how the parents can support their child at home or when out and about shopping or on a walk.

We have also just started sending home an A5 sheet that says what our topic is and asks what the children might already know about this topic, if they have any favourite books or songs about the topic and what their current areas of interest are (not necessarily related to the topic) so we can plan from the child's interest.

Just helps to promote the partnership.

We have everything displayed on our planning wall too, so parents can read this (not that they do!!)

• Like 1

I send our weeks planning to parents via tapestry as an ob now with a few ideas for supporting the planned activities at home, I'm not sure how many actually take any notice of it (questionnaire needed I think), but a few send back photos of what they have been doing at home to support our planning, which makes it worth while and a paper copy goes in the notice board, you could use email if not using Tapestry.

i put a notice up to say what we will be covering this week and then put a few ideas of activities for parents to do at home. I know of only one parent who has done this as her daughter brought in a photo of what they had done but at least we are trying - its up to the parents then.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)