Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Businessinternetdirectory

Many weeks ago a received a letter in a very official looking envelope with the pre-school name on but with my home address. They were asking me to confirm the details. Today I received a reminder that I haven't done it. Apparantly they need to categorise my business correctly so that I can be found on-line by millions of users!!!

This is sort of a scam!!

I got the same and thought why not so phoned them confirmed all my details. Right at the end of the conversation they decided to mention that there was a small fee involved...... £99 :o

I stated that a fee was not mentioned elsewhere so i was not interested in them advertising my details, but they said that the process had gone too far to pull out. I received an invoice for the money on Friday which i promptly binned. They wont advertise my details until i pay, so problem solved

• 3 weeks later...

Lucy -

Have you heard back from this company since you refused to pay???

We had the same problem but they threatened legal action if we did not pay. so reluctantly we paid. We were so cross.

Basically, they seem to work by bullying people into agreeing and words get totally twisted.

We telephoned trading standards and they said it was a tricky situation and weren't really that helpful. I'd be interested to know if there is any further information since your last post to update your situation?

Has anybody else come across this 'scam' company? AND has anyone had any come back from actually having the information on the internet with this company? Was it worth it??? !!!!

Aaaagh!

I've posted a number of warnings about scams of this sort. Some of them involve semi official sounding warnings about Data Protection Act notifications and so on.

If people get letters like this through the post, let's air them here and see if we can find any which are genuine and should be responded to!

Lucy, well done for calling their bluff. They are evil parasites (ahem, I think I might have mentioned this before - one day I might get sued for it...) and shouldn't be given the time of day.

Becs - welcome to the Forum, and I'm sorry your first post has to be made with such frustration! :) Your trading standards people should have been more helpful! Hopefully you'll at least get listed somewhere - let us know?

Steve yes I was annoyed with them for sending it in the first place but twice as annoyed when I received the 2nd letter to remind me that I hadn't replied. The first letter was too official looking to be true so I shredded it along with the 2nd one. It is more useful on my compost heap.Its a shame that when we are all so busy we have to waste time

on these unscrupulous people.

Hi Becs

No i have not heard or received anything since.....

I am sorry that you have been caught up in this scam xD

As Smiley mentioned, i was relying on the fact that i hadn't signed anything.

All of the details that i gave over the phone can be accessed by anyone through the companies house website or our local EYDCP, so i think they probably realised they didn't have a leg to stand on. :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)