Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What makes a nursery Outstanding?

We had Ofsted come yesterday to interview for named person,she spent some time in the nursery with me and when she went she asked me to look at what is required for outstanding.I have looked and it is very brief,what is your idea of outstanding and what do you do differently if you have outstanding?

Brief! Hmm. You are reading the Grade Descriptors.

TBH reading threads on here you may as well ask how long is a piece of string. Outstanding often appears to be at the whim of an Inspector, you can be soooooo close, but it's not given, then other settings which you know are not outstanding get the nod.

• Like 6

There is so little to go on with reports these days too and with no training it's difficult to know how to progress these days, most of my knowledge and ideas come from here :1b

I agree with Panders it all depends on the inspector - I was surprised at our inspection last month of the things that she was interested in against things that she wasn't

• Like 4

I read a report added this week, the setting was satisfactory almost 5 years ago at its last inspection under old system and requires improvement this time...how can it be right that a setting has gone for that long clearly not good enough and other settings that were good or outstanding re-inspected much sooner ...none of it makes much sense :huh:

I read a report added this week, the setting was satisfactory almost 5 years ago at its last inspection under old system and requires improvement this time...how can it be right that a setting has gone for that long clearly not good enough and other settings that were good or outstanding re-inspected much sooner ...none of it makes much sense :huh:

I thought satisfactory/requires improvement were re-inspected every year, even under the old system?!

hey ho just keep plodding ;)