Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Finding it hard to switch off?!

Not sure what that is, but as soon as I concentrate on breathing, I go into panic mode! It's like when you are walking happily downstairs and suddenly think about what you are doing, and what movement comes next, and nearly fall!

Not sure what that is, but as soon as I concentrate on breathing, I go into panic mode! It's like when you are walking happily downstairs and suddenly think about what you are doing, and what movement comes next, and nearly fall!

Yes! that's what happened to me... :blink:

Basically you breath in through nose for the count of 4, hold it for 7, then breath out through mouth for the count of 8. I tried it while laying in bed - sort of mastered it (complete with slight gaspy panicky mode)............. then decided to read-up on correct method, only to find out you are supposed to do it siting up with straight back!

Anyway - I somehow seemed to have 'bored' myself off to sleep in the end xDxD I think it supposed to lower your heart rate and therefore calm you down...

• Like 1

All you have to do to know that you are not alone is look at the times of these posts!! There are very few made in the 'normal' working day ... anyone remember what that is??? I'm a Nursery Manager and is really does take over your life, there is ALWAYS something to do, thank goodness for my VERY patient supportive boyfriend!! xx

• Like 1

All you have to do to know that you are not alone is look at the times of these posts!! There are very few made in the 'normal' working day ... anyone remember what that is??? I'm a Nursery Manager and is really does take over your life, there is ALWAYS something to do, thank goodness for my VERY patient supportive boyfriend!! xx

I too have a very very patient hubby...xx

• Like 1