Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

writing for a purpose

Hi

I was wondering if some of you could please give me some new ideas for a group of childre to be writting for a purpose as a independant activity whilst I am with the other group of children doing reading/writting lesson. I have done things like wriing labels for models they are making, writing a list before going to the role play shop, writing a list of ingedients before we have made cakes, pizzas etc writting a card to some one (either birthday, thank you, sorry) but am finding it harder as the terms go on to think of interesting things they can do that will mean something to them! Any ideas would be much appriciated

thanks blondie I hadn't thought of a register, I think they will like that. Yes we have lots of white boards/clip boards in the environment in the different areas and have lots of messy play fine motor skills activities for the children to explore in child initiative play but I was after a little more stucture (a task) for the group at this time so the group I am working with don't think the others are just having free play!

My children LOVE a letter! I have written from the Christmas Elf, Madam Dragon (from Zog), a polar bear, a witch, the Big Bad Mouse to name a few. I have written about all sorts of things but they always need some help or advice so the children need to write back. (Get the secretary to deliver the letters). I have also had the head come in and ask them to label the classroom or outdoor area for visitors.

Hope that helps

Green Hippo x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)