Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Digital Picture Frames

I have never used a digital picture frame but wondered if this would be an answer to our current ongoing printer problems at school - does anyone use one of these? I currently have a large display board divided into the 7 areas with photos in each area; this term the display has been decidedly empty.

Are they practicable?

Any thoughts?

Well we have used one for a while it's fairly big the photos are easily transferred either we use the card or if the childrens cameras a USB lead and then we set it up to play through all the photos, only downside is if what you want to see is your latest pictures you have to wait until previously taken ones have gone through , well that is on our system, don't know if this generally the case. With the childrens camera I tend to clear off a lot before putting it out again because the children aren't as patient as us !

I used to use a digital photoframe but now use a TV with a DVD and use Windows DVD maker to convert the photos to a DVD. The TV playing the DVD is in our entrance so that parents can see what the children have been up to (all photo permissions having been obtained first) and the children get to see themselves too. The benefit of using a TV is that it is a cheaper option to buy a TV with a much larger screen size than a photo frame. I create a new DVD each half term.

That sounds good, Sue. I want it for my nursery unit - school is having one fitted in the reception area, but we have no room to house a TV, so I thought a digital photo frame would be an easier option.

That sounds good, Sue. I want it for my nursery unit - school is having one fitted in the reception area, but we have no room to house a TV, so I thought a digital photo frame would be an easier option.

be careful i have had mine stolen out of our entrance hall (fortunately they had the foresight to leave the memory card!)

We use a tv too - p.c compatible but also has usb connector and vga cable, but no memory card slot so we bought a 'media player' (small box, about £25) and it enables us to plug in cards and have music playing at the same time too - much more emotive

you could also look at the small tv route; many are used as pc monitors these days so are compatible for 'plug ins' etc

We use a digital photo frame ( size of small tv screen) to display messages for our parents in our entrance hall to remind them of certain dates etc trips / parents evenings / themed days and add photos inbetween this helps get the parents to read the messages as the children want to see the photos ;0)

They are very simple to use and quick to update! A good investment for any setting

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)