Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Manager appraisal help please

Rea

Good morning you lovely lot :D

I need help please.

Our manager is new (September) and as I am yet to do her appraisal I need some questions I can ask the staff to get an overview of how they feel she's doing.

Its a small team of 5 in a church hall. Previous manager still works there part time, job sharing with the 5th staff member.

I dont go in very often so need to know the kind of things I'm looking for.

:D

Hi I always lead with the positives first, so what's going well, areas of interest for future development or areas of weakness identified needing support.

Team work, things that generally could be better within the provision, how could this be achieved.

Future training needs.

Part of our form also gives the appraisee the opportunity to put other comments.

Then a time frame to action any identified needs.

Obviously you could adapt these questions to ask the remaining team their thoughts.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Since the job description should give a good overview of the things an Manager is responsible for, could you simply show them that and ask for comments under 'what's gone well / what could have gone better'. I also work on the principle of 6 positives to 1 negative!