Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

jelly on the plate

blondie

quite a lot of our children have or have had birthdays very recently and are talking about parties etc., - we are picking up on that and are going to plan around this - this week we are talking about parties, birthdays celebrations - next week we are going to prepare for a party - writing invites , making decorations and many other things - then we will be having parties over the week using the home corner - i want to try and make pretend jelly and other party food to go on the party table but have absolutely no idea how i can do this - any ideas please? :huh:

At special occasions at pre school the children often ask for jelly, I have made traffic light jelly in a big mould for them I've even made it in plastic champagne flutes tipped the jelly to one one side while it sets and then fill with a different flavour the children think it's wonderful and although I've never done it there is a way of doing it in orange skins so that you cut it into little boat shapes. I would definitely give them the real thing, why not, it's not like it's you usual snack - it may make the activities more memorable, especially if they get to help. You can buy veggie jelly too.