Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nappy Disposal

MegaMum

I was just reading 'Infection Control' by Public Health England that Wildflowers kindly posted and regarding nappies it states:

Always segregate domestic and clinical waste, in accordance with local policy. Used nappies/pads, gloves, aprons and soiled dressings should be stored in correct clinical waste bags in foot-operated bins. All clinical waste must be removed by a registered waste contractor. All clinical waste bags should be less than two-thirds full and stored in a dedicated, secure area while awaiting collection.

We are in a Village Hall and we put the nappies in a sealed bag into the skip and it is emptied by the council. Is a registered waste contractor a fancy word for the bin man?

What do you do with your nappies please?

Our EHO is also more than happy with us disposing in the council bins. But I suppose you need to check with your own EHO/LA as to what that say is acceptable.

At the end of the day our weekly nappy waste is far less than the average family with 2 children in nappies and this is what the EHO based her recommendations on. I guess if you are full day-care or take a lot of babies the outcome would be different.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)