Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Goldilocks Plans And Ideas?

Hi -

I received this by email from a member who doesn't feel confident enough to post. Any ideas from you lovely creative people would, I'm sure, be greatly appreciated! :)

I have just joined the site and am looking desperately for lesson plans for traditional stories, such as goldilocks especially........needed for observation on Tuesday.....last minute panic.

Sorry cannot help with a lesson plan but our children always really enjoy an interactive story, which they are able to almost tell the story themselves.

we use props such as 3 chairs, bears, bowls, beds of different sizes, and also numbers 1 2 3 on cards for counting and then use the Goldilocks rhyme as a base to tell the story. The children use the props and tell us the story to act out. Sometimes the bed and teddy really do not match and it can be too big or small but that always gives extra learning in size and why it is not 'quite right'. Lots of language, matching sequencing etc comes from this game.

Inge

Off the top of my head, a year ago we covered goldilocks. We did much the same as Inge, we also set up 3 of everything in the home corner, sang 'when goldilocks went to the house of the bears .....), made porridge. If I can think of anything else will let you know.

Deb

Hi,

Goldilocks song

When Goldilocks went to the house of the bears,

What did her blue eyes see?

A bowl that was big, a bowl that was small, a bowl that was tiny

but tha'ts not all

she counted them 1, 2, 3.

A chair that was big, a chair that was small, a chair that was tiny

but tha'ts not all

A bed that was big, a bed that was small, a bed that was tiny

but tha'ts not all

A bear that was big, a bear that was small, a bear that was tiny

and that was all

the daddy went Grrrr, Grrrr, Grrrr

Sorry can't name the tune - not like any other I know. Children can act out the song with large or small props.

At the end the children run away as the daddy bear growls.

Have fun :D

Peggy

Always glad to share - is this of any use?

Also, a fab book with an excellent twist & lots of humour plus recipes is: 'Mr Wolf & The 3 Bears' by Jan Fearnley. It cleverly has the characters searching various sources of information for recipes for Baby Bear's birthday tea including internet, magazines, recipe books etc. You can even look up the internet address from the story and find a recipe on-line!

A a fab book with an excellent twist & lots of humour plus recipes is: 'Mr Wolf & The 3 Bears' by Jan Fearnley. It cleverly has the characters searching various sources of information for recipes for Baby Bear's birthday tea including internet, magazines, recipe books etc. You can even look up the internet address from the story and find a recipe on-line!

Couldn't manage to attach my planning so have included key bits below:

Creativity·Make a variety of bear masks· Put bowls and spoons with playdough·Printing with Compare Bear stamps·Opportunities for small world play using teddies & props, adding storyline (w. adult help if necessary)·Paint a picture of favourite teddy· Add porridge oats to water table

Personal, Social & Emotional· Taste Readibrek (porridge!) try with sugar &/or salt – talk about likes & dislikes, record favourite on simple table· Use story to recap why don’t we talk to strangers·Should Goldilocks have gone in the Bears’ house when they were out?·Importance of saying ‘Sorry’ ·Mathematics·Discuss Sizes: small, medium and large·Lots of practical work sorting objects by size·Sequencing activities: using compare bears, beads etc to make repeat patterns· Games & puzzles to rein-force written numbers · Number 3 – ongoing fun games in group times to reinforce numbers to 10

Language & Literacy·Look at letter ‘Gg’ for Goldilocks·Enjoy story in various forms including story tape, musical rap etc· Compare printed versions of story·Recall sequence of story·

Physical· Water play: with tea set in it to play tipping and pouring cups of tea etc, also with porridge oats in to explore!

Knowledge & Understanding of the World·Observe & describe changes that take place with oats in water table· Talk about hot & cold, & safety too·Discuss and experience the tastes of sugar (sweet) and salt & begin to see our tongues helps us taste·

Trad._Tales_Goldilocks___3_Bears.doc

A letter from Goldilocks to say sorry to the bears. Having a tea-party - Goldilocks invites bears to as a way of saying sorry. Isn't there something in The Jolly Postman? Use constuction toys or junk to make a new chair for baby bear - lots of problem solving/measuring etc. Moving like daddy bear, mummy bear, baby bear. Playing different percussion instruments for the bears - what instrument would be best for daddy/baby etc. Acting out the story. Hot seating - either with you as one of the characters or one of your more confident children - though I wouldn't do this during a lesson ob unless your children had done it before.

LJW - I've not seen Mr. Wolf and the Three Bears (but it's now on my list of books to get :D ). I like Beware of the Bears, which follows on from Goldilocks when they follow her 'home' and give her a taste of her own medicine.

Good luck with the ob - whoever you are - and don't be shy, we're nice really. :o

Harricroft

Hi -

I received this by email from a member who doesn't feel confident enough to post. Any ideas from you lovely creative people would, I'm sure, be greatly appreciated!  :)

43325[/snapback]

Thank-you for the replies...my observation went well today...phew! Haven't worked out how to post properly yet, which is why I have somehow sent this to you!!! Perhaps someone could tell me how to do this? reference caw

Hi Caw -

Welcome to the Forum! Glad you found your way to your first (proxy) conversation starter. :D

I think you've more or less done it yourself now. All you have to do to start your own topic is, instead of clicking 'Add Reply' as you did to make your first post, click 'New Topic' while in any particular forum list (you'll see it towards the top right of the page if you go to any of the forum listings.

Let me know by email if you have any problems with this - glad your observation went well!

Ooh - looks like I've got my 2000th post up...

• 2 years later...
A a fab book with an excellent twist & lots of humour plus recipes is: 'Mr Wolf & The 3 Bears' by Jan Fearnley. It cleverly has the characters searching various sources of information for recipes for Baby Bear's birthday tea including internet, magazines, recipe books etc. You can even look up the internet address from the story and find a recipe on-line!

Couldn't manage to attach my planning so have included key bits below:

Creativity·Make a variety of bear masks· Put bowls and spoons with playdough·Printing with Compare Bear stamps·Opportunities for small world play using teddies & props, adding storyline (w. adult help if necessary)·Paint a picture of favourite teddy· Add porridge oats to water table

Personal, Social & Emotional· Taste Readibrek (porridge!) try with sugar &/or salt – talk about likes & dislikes, record favourite on simple table· Use story to recap why don’t we talk to strangers·Should Goldilocks have gone in the Bears’ house when they were out?·Importance of saying ‘Sorry’ ·Mathematics·Discuss Sizes: small, medium and large·Lots of practical work sorting objects by size·Sequencing activities: using compare bears, beads etc to make repeat patterns· Games & puzzles to rein-force written numbers · Number 3 – ongoing fun games in group times to reinforce numbers to 10

Language & Literacy·Look at letter ‘Gg’ for Goldilocks·Enjoy story in various forms including story tape, musical rap etc· Compare printed versions of story·Recall sequence of story·

Physical· Water play: with tea set in it to play tipping and pouring cups of tea etc, also with porridge oats in to explore!

Knowledge & Understanding of the World·Observe & describe changes that take place with oats in water table· Talk about hot & cold, & safety too·Discuss and experience the tastes of sugar (sweet) and salt & begin to see our tongues helps us taste·

I know this post was written a long time ago. Please can someone help me open the lattached files as I would really like to have a look. thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)