Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

2Build a Profile v Tapestry

Guest recteach

Guest recteach

Has anyone tried both or either of these? I 've just looked at 2Build a Profile and can't see anywhere to actually write observations. Not sure if you can't or if it's only available once you've paid. Has anyone used any different apps? Someone told me the Sussex one is good but I haven't seen it.

Tapestry, Tapestry, Tapestry.... :-)

Unless 2build a profile has changed parents cannot upload their own photos/video etc. For us this one one of the main and best features of Tapestry as you really get that two way dialogue at their fingertips - literally. No more trying to encourage parents to come into the setting and read their child's paper based journal let alone trying to get them to contribute.

The ons which parents have uploaded this year on our Tapestry have been extremely valuable. I personally recommend Tapestry without a doubt!

• Like 1

I've used both and am sticking to Tapestry. It's excellent, support great and price very good. You won't be disappointed I'm telling everyone about it wherever I go. My parents all love it too!

• Like 1

Tapestry all the way... and with Tapestry you have a super team supporting it at the click of a button. I love it and am off to share it with 4 more schools tomorrow #sharingthelove

• 1 month later...

Hi,

My school are thinking about moving on to a electronic profiling system, possibly tapestry. We are very excited about this, specifically the benefits for involving parents more.

However, one of our main concerns is in involving the children in their own learning, At the moment we have paper scrapbook style journals which are very time consuming, but are always available to the children. They are kept in the book corner and the children love being able to go and revisit their learning looking at photographs and work samples and showing them off to visitors, their peers and parents. This allows us a great opportunity to get the children's perspective on their learning and helps with planning.

Has anybody managed to successfully incorporate the best of both worlds?

Thanks.

Tapestry definitely - when 2build a profile tried to sell me their system the only 'advantage' was we would be able to write obs whilst in the garden!! Seeing as we add our observations out of ratio time - as we find it impossible to give the children our full attention whilst typing on a tablet this was definitely not an advantage that was worth the massive difference in cost. I have been really pleased with the support available - not only from the forum but also the 'techies'.

Re combining the two - we have scrapbooks that the children add to and choose their photos to annotate and choose the paintings etc they want to add and Ofsted loved that.

Is it possible to get a free trial of Tapestry so I can try it out in my new YR/1 class and hopefully persuade my new Head to buy it if it's as good as everyone says? I saw it mentioned on the payment page but couldn't find a way to sign up for it. Thanks

I am also keen to try it out but, like you, couldn't find a way to sign up for it. My head has given me the go ahead as long as I am sure about it....so I really want to be! I would like to have something to show her.

Thank very much.

Pauline

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)