Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Little Something For the Weekend

SueJ

Well it hasn't been our best week !!

One parent hiddled staff off with a bad**** attitude - Child has severe developmental delay and since September last year we have been sympathetic and supportive and have tried our absolute utmost to gently engage family with other services to help but parents are deeply in denial. Unfortunately we cannot afford to provide 1:1 support at the levels have been doing over the last year - we are providing 14 hours 1:1 and have managed to get 6 hours from LA so things have come to a head and during a meeting I tried to give all the reasons for why an EP referral would be beneficial - parent then decides to tell us how "these young girls" working in childcare are basically not up to the job (his 1:1 is 22 and had to so bite her lip) and that I only want an EP referral for the support money - oh I wish and that the other agencies were basically no good at their jobs either - whilst I do feel for them quite frankly after the amount of support that we have given the child and his parents over this past year I think we deserve better than this :angry:

HOWEVER

having done a full pack away (we are a church hall setting) in the heat of the afternoon as well, my deputy doing a final check around the building noticed that someone (parents and/or child) on leaving the setting had used the loos leaving extraordinarily large deposit in the loo and "skids" on the seat. She trundled off to get the cleaning materials because on a Friday afternoon you really want to do a job like that and returned to clean up - a couple of seconds later there was much shrieking from her in the offending toilet - we rush in to find her pointing to the floor and howling with laughter where another extraordinarily large deposit had been left on the floor with a paper towel oh so gently (far too gently and thoughtful to have been a child) wrapped around it :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Thankfully - the complete grossness of the situation and it being the end of a cr***y week just reduced us all to gales of laughter - I think by then it was either laugh or cry but truly you do have to wonder why we do this job sometimes.

I think this weekend I am going to down tools, enjoy the lovely weather that we are having at the moment and sink something cold and very very alcoholic - lets hope next week is somewhat better than this one xDxD

• Like 1

You do have to wonder sometimes why we do this job!! I am feeling exhausted with our lot at the moment, and the thought of the next few weeks is overwhelming me at the moment (I am sure its just temporary) And 90% of our parent are fabulous but the rest of them make me feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall!! I too am downing tools this weekend, brother and family are down on holiday and we have not seen each other for two years. So big family BBQ and lots of wine tomorrow in the beautiful sunshine. The to do list can wait until next week!! So glad you and your team were able to laugh about it and I hope you are enjoying your weekend. :1b :1b

• Like 1

Yep me too!! We seem to give so much,but get very little back. I'm off on a pimms tour today!! Which my lovely friend has organised for my birthday. Enjoy!!

Lisiloo xx

So glad you had an uplifting weekend.:)

I spent my Saturday at our pre-school Funday, and what a fab day it was.

We even had a fly past from a local air show go over which was very exciting for the children.

Spent most of Sunday hobbling around after all the lifting.

The committee had worked so hard, that I hope they have raised lots of pennies for all their efforts.:)

• Like 1