Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journeys

thanks for this Rea; nice to see the 'expectation' of LJ's

- we are getting bogged down in ours too, lovely as they are but we need to review and claw our lives back!

I'll post the notes I made during the session. Basically, an LJ isn't a diary so much as an aid to planning and a record of development. Ours are random and time consuming so i'm hoping this will help us to focus again.

We just don't do them. Very careful tracking based on two key persons sharing observations and reflections (own system) and photos on USB sticks or CDs at the end of term. No writing or gluing for us.

Edited by Wildflowers

I'd like to tapestry but we don't have internet access, one staff hasn't got a pc and another can't do much. Besides which, not all our families have computer access so we've got to stick to paper and glue.

One nursery at the meeting spend £5000 yearly on ink!! We're all trying to find ways to reduce costs but that is madness O.o

I'd like to tapestry but we don't have internet access, one staff hasn't got a pc and another can't do much. Besides which, not all our families have computer access so we've got to stick to paper and glue.

One nursery at the meeting spend £5000 yearly on ink!! We're all trying to find ways to reduce costs but that is madness O.o

jeees! I thought £1000 on ink a year was bad - dispalys and Lj's

Wildflowers, I like your thinking as we still want our LJ's to be a keepsake/scrapbook type document (more so than evidence gathering - we do that elsewhere) can I ask how do you get round group photos on your disc - or do parents not mind (I guess they could photograph the pics in the book and upload!) - I might be over thinking safeguarding this!

notes are great Rea - thanks for sharing those too :-)

It's the monitoring spelling grammar etc that's causing me nightmares as it all funnels through me and my EYP - which would be lovely if that's all we had to do - hence the need for us to cut back/streamline!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)