Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ideas needed for 'space' recipe!

I am looking for inspiration to adapt a recipe for 'rock buns'. Our topic is 'space' (as in outer space) and I have planned to make rock buns. However, I would like to change this to 'moon rock buns' but need ideas; what ingredients could I add to make the rock buns look a little more 'interesting'?!

Any suggestions?

Assuming you have usual recipe using spice and dried fruit, could you use a food colouring, or cherries, cranberries? Maybe they could do some drizzly icing on top. Could be more in what you call each ingredient though rather than changing your recipe. So sugar becomes space dust etc.

Edited by Panders

Thank you, Panders - of course! I will change the name of the ingredients and perhaps drizzle a little grey icing and lump sugar (or perhaps the course brown sugar you can get for coffee) over the top!

could you add popping candy to the cakes - could be called comet / asteroid cakes?

Ooh, I like that too - thank you blondie!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)