Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pirates

Anybody got some exciting ideas for pirates. We are going to build a pirate ship in the role play area, make pirate hats, flags, maps, telescopes. All the usual stuff. But as we have a very large group of active four year old boys I could really do with some games and any other ideas. Please help :1b

pirate islands is fun...put a load of hoops out everybody has to find an island to stand on.....play some music or sing a song whilst doing so take a couple of islands away when music stops they have to go and find an island again...but you can have more people than one on each. (staff are usually sharks at this point to gobble anyone up who is straggling!!) game goes on with islands getting less until you have lots of children on one island! others have been eaten!

Takes a bit of practice and you need to make sure there's no shoving but great fun!

Treasure hunts of course always popular too

• Like 2

I found some pirate cards in The Works, so every now and again, our pirates leaves a letter for the children. Sometimes it's a simple message.......'AVAST you salty sea dogs, i came to check me treasure chest and SOMEONE has been rifling through it again! Get it tidied before I come back to check it again, or you'll be walking the plank mateys!!.................and sometimes he asks for a stock check, someone who is a trusty jack tar to count the coins...................and sometimes, he thinks there's been someone a-pilferin' his stuff, so get looking round the decks to see if it's been dropped............'.......................so, counting, swabbing decks, checking round the room and finding 'lost' treasure......and leaving messages to say the job has been done.......

• Like 3

Have you taught them the pirate song? when I was one I age a bun the day I went to sea, I jumped aboard a pirate ship and the captain said to me, we're going this way, that way, forwards, backwards over the deep blue sea (some sing Irish sea), a bottle of rum to fill my tum and that's the life for me, and you repeat all the way up to whatever number you can rhyme with - exhausting because you are also moving about with it too.

Edited by Panders

Great to see this one back again!

Do a Forum search, there have been loads of discussions on this theme in the past - including all the words to the Pirate song! There is also an International Talk Like A Pirate Day!!

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)