Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Electronic Learning Journals

Hi,

We are a Hampshire County Council maintained nursery school and are looking into electronic learning journals.

We would very much like some feedback from primary / infant schools that use electronic software, in particular Tapestry. How easy are they to install / use ? We have a small number of Ipads that we will be using the software on.

Any sort of feedback will be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

We are in Essex so sadly not close enough for a visit! But, Tapestry is really very easy to install and get started with. All the adults in our Nursery and two Reception classes have an iPad to use but we could probably manage with two ipads between three adults. I really believe it is an excellent system which has really improved our links with parents, cut down on time cutting and sticking photos and post its \ stickers into books etc... It has also enabled us to follow children's interests more closely as we often use observations parents have uploaded as the stimulus for new themes.

Mel

x

We are a Hampshire County Council maintained nursery school and are looking into electronic learning journals.

Hi Lanterns

There are quite a lot of schools and settings using Tapestry in Hampshire ..... maybe ask at your next cluster / networking meeting to see if any really local to you.

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks for the responses. We have decided to go forward and start using Tapestry and are now looking for advice re what tablets to use ! I am presuming most people use the mini Ipads / Ipads ? Are there any cheaper alternatives that work well with Tapestry ?

Thanks again.

Lisa.

Many thanks for the responses. We have decided to go forward and start using Tapestry and are now looking for advice re what tablets to use ! I am presuming most people use the mini Ipads / Ipads ? Are there any cheaper alternatives that work well with Tapestry ?

Thanks again.

Lisa.

Hi Lisa

We do an Apple app for the iPads and iPads minis but we do also do an Android app for use with other tablets. I know a lot of settings using the Samsung Galaxy tablets and a fair few using the Tesco Hudl....the Hudl is a good little tablet and we have tested it here so know it works well but the qualitly of the pictures is not quite as good as some of the more expensive tablets which you would expect as it is a quarter of the cost of some of them!!!

This might be obvious but just to say you can use a combination of different Tablets, you dont need to have all iPads or all Android devices so you can shop around and find a device on offer and then maybe in time look for another bargain to increase the number of devices you have at your disposal.

I hope that helps and I am sure other Tapestry users will have an input soon :D

Sue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)