Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Might be controversial.....

I know that FSF produce Tapestry but I wondered if anyone on here uses anything else, im about to go ONLINE with the journals its defo the way to go in my opinion but what provider.......xx

Well I have never used an online learning journal package, but if I was going to trust anyone with all that precious data I'd be looking for a company that is honest and ethical and trustworthy and brilliant at providing support and encouragement when needed.

So I'd opt for Tapestry every time. :D

Have you tried a Forum search? This has been discussed fairly frequently I think, so you'll get plenty of ideas to work with. Good luck - let us know what you decide to do!

• Like 1

I have used 2simple but changed to tapestry. One reason was the difference in price (tapestry is far cheaper) and also because tapestry does a lot more than 2simple does. The only slight benefit to 2simple is that you can add observations without the internet. However, I found it was taking us away from the children so ended up writing them up at home anyway.

I have also introduced tapestry to a local school I volunteer in and they love it too! :1b

• Like 1

I can't get our lot to use anything other than pen and paper! My friend is based in Worcestershire, she uses one they developed purely because it was the one promoted to her. She loves it, I don't know if its available outside the LA though :)

Edited by Rea
  • Like 1

Thanks all, I had made up my mind and then was handed another option yesterday but it looked too complicated as I have to consider my older staff.

Im going to go Tapestry, mainly because of the support from this forum really! WIsh us luck!!! Luckily we have the internet and tablets so we are ready on that score!

xx

• Like 1

Delighted to hear that, Keyup- thank you for trusting us. :1b

We'll do all we can to make sure you have a smooth transition to online journals!

I honestly don't think you would be able to match Tapestry for value, presentation or service. I work with some real technophobics and they can navigate themselves round Tapestry so I wouldn't worry too much about your older staff.

• 3 weeks later...

can you try Tapestry before you buy?

Hi Nuby, I believe you can try it out first, I presume if you click on Tapestry it'll take you to the various options : )

Welcome to the forum :D:D

We tried 2Simple and Orbit but went for Tapestry as it was great value for money and offered the most flexibility. We liked that it was continually being updated and improved and the support is fantastic

I have actually gone for Tapestry but struggling wit the reports and what I can access and what makes sense to me. Its probably me though as what we have used up to now is manual and antiquated. We need a two year check though as just did the course on that and then downloaded prams and found that one really easy. I cant seem to find a report where I can edit notes into it like on Prams but its early days yet!x

can you try Tapestry before you buy?

Hi Nuby

You can trial Tapestry in 2 ways really

1. I can set up access to my trial test account for you to have a play with. It looks a little odd as it has more staff than children but you are welcome to have access if you wish
  2. Alternatively you can subscribe to the forum and purchase the smallest Tapestry package for up to 12 children and then you can add real data in. If after a month you decide it is not for you then we are very relaxed about giving a full no quibble money back refund. If however you decided it was for you we could help you increase that package to accommodate the number of children you do actually have and you would just pay the difference in the cost of the 12 child package and whichever package you choose.

Let me know which trial method would suit you best and we can go from there :D

Sue

Admin team

I have actually gone for Tapestry but struggling wit the reports and what I can access and what makes sense to me. Its probably me though as what we have used up to now is manual and antiquated. We need a two year check though as just did the course on that and then downloaded prams and found that one really easy. I cant seem to find a report where I can edit notes into it like on Prams but its early days yet!x

Hi Keyup

With regard the reports functions they are a little daunting when you start using them but do ask if you need help and we will guide you along :D

In terms of a specific report for the 2 year old check it is coming....see discussions here

http://eyfs.info/forums/topic/40005-progress-check-at-age-2/?hl=%2Byear+%2Bold+%2Bcheck&do=findComment&comment=384246

http://eyfs.info/forums/topic/40018-two-year-health-check/?hl=%2Byear+%2Bold+%2Bcheck

With regard using the other reports functions and the handy little snapshots screen see here

http://eyfs.info/video_tutorial/_/tapestry/snapshots-r14

And the full analysis area

http://eyfs.info/forums/topic/39870-tapestry-analysis-overview/

Anyway please just ask via the forum or raise a support ticket from within your Tapestry account and we will help you find the information you need :D

Sue

Admin team

We to are pen and paper my children love their learning stories with photos , drawings and doodles they have done . They carry them around the setting. They have full ownership of them. And are very proud.

I do however love Prams which we use to show progress .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)