Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Living Wage !

We had a letter emailed to us stating how there will be a consultation and an Independant co. looking at the cost implications.

I'll be sure to follow all developments ;)

• Like 2

Dear Mr & Mrs LA

As a result of your recent letter I am no longer able to take the many funded 2yr olds your are desperately trying to throw my way, which I have bent over backwards to accommodate

As you have already made it clear in our conversations that you are limited in your options to place the identified children in order to meet your targets, I wish you all the best for the future

Yours sincerely

Mrs desperatetoreclaimherbusinessidentity

We had a letter emailed to us stating how there will be a consultation and an Independant co. looking at the cost implications.

At what cost? (and how are they paying for/recovering it- from the shirts off your backs?!) Edited by gingerbreadman

If I had to implement this living wage then we would most likely be forced to close but is this not what this government want?

Children at 2 going in schools? Absolutely ridiculous as a lot of 2 year olds need nurturing around toilet training, leaving mum, eating at a table etc I could go on.

The PM needs to stop listening to people who think they know and come down to grass roots and see what we do day in and day out getting children through .

Rant over .......

Very glad we decided not to get involved with the 2 yr olds! A mom asked me today if I knew anywhere that took funded 2s, she can't find anywhere and I'm not surprised. Birmingham council always seem to have money for hanging baskets and fact finding trips abroad!!

Posted Yesterday, 05:35 PM

It appears Birmingham have decided to delay this until Sept 2015 - thank goodness!

http://www.nurserywo..._medium=twitter

Lucy
Posted Yesterday, 06:02 PM
Dance like no-one is watching
Good to know that there will be some consultation - however perhaps in the consultation there needs to be a big red flag that points out that if wages are going to be increased to take into account the "living" wages then the costing of this also needs to take into account that the wages increase will inevitably mean that staff will reach the threshold for auto enrolment into a pension scheme - (2015 being the year that most small businesses will have to sign up) a further cost implication. (Sorry about the messy post - need help in quoting more than one post :blink: )

Beware the external consultant - I had a visit from one of these years ago when EEF formulae were being put together - her "findings" were that my rate to parents should exactly match the hourly rate being suggested by the council at the time. I wrote back to her pointing out that either her ignorance of the business was quite staggering or her "pre-determined" agenda to price match fees to funding had led to this conclusion as she had quite "forgotten" in her calculations to include any kind of profit, any allowances for special roles and responsibilities etc.

As for "costs to parents" - who do Birmingham council "think" will ultimately end up paying for this increase - the tooth fairy or maybe the Easter Bunny?

• Like 1