Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Committee being charged for DBS

HI everyone

I have searched and searched but cant find the post about this although I know there was one. My committee are trying to sort out their DBS checks. We know that Ofsted no longer do them and they have said direct to Capita. Capita are trying to charge them £58. Now I know there was a big thread on here about committee's not needing to pay as they are volunteers and would only need to pay the admin (about £8)

I haven't imagined this I know I haven't! We are right aren't we? who does everybody else use as if Capita really wont do them for less we will have to find someone who will.

Edited by Johanna1

Guest Spiral

You are right Johanna1, it is just an admin fee they need to pay. Ofsted confirmed that to me last week.

I haven't done a dbs form so I don't know where you indicate that bit.

Good luck, Spiral;

well apparently after much toing and froing Capita maintain £8.10 to me and £52 to committee still. The chap I have spoken to is convinced that committee doing something wrong or ticking wrong box. SOOOO my job now finding out what they are doing!!! oh hum!!!!!

DBS_AGuide.pdf

Hi,

here is the guidance, if that's any help..... but even after going through it with our Committee 2 of them insisted they WEREN'T volunteers as they didn't come into the setting - and were charged £52 which Capita REFUSED to refund.

I am not impressed.....

• Like 1

Our new members definately only paid £8.50 admin charge (end of last year), sure they ticked 'volunteer' and after much debate 'registered individual', hope you get it sorted, My hassle is with new staff ......but getting there with the help of kind forum members :)

• Like 1

committee are volunteers and DO NOT pay the full fee ...i have had this from ofsted and if i can find the email i will put in a copy here ....whats more if your committee are registered anywhere else that is in a similar child led position (ie governor at a school) they can pay for the update service and if you send the relevant details to ofsted they will accept this as a dbs for your setting.

• Like 1

It seems it depends on who you speak to/ or who replies to your email as to what advice you're being given, I've had a CM who has been long standing with our setting for about 5 years, with a year out in middle she's now received a letter telling her that as her check was done for our previous address , it's not relevant and she needs to redo ....and that's for our own setting, it's taken them 2 years almost to decide this ????? Most of our staff have checks from that address and nothing has been raised.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)