Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Not an Archer much more Stark, Dark and thoroughly bad

SueFinanceManager

Well I have spotted recently a few threads relating to 'The Archers' and all things Ambridge and find myself a little jealous as I cannot join in having never listened to the tale of country folk.....so I thought maybe I should start a thread about some country folk that I am finding rather compelling

GAME OF THRONES

WARNING.....THIS PROGRAMME IS NOT FOR THE FEINT HEARTED AND COULD NOT BE LESS SUITABLE FOR THOSE WORKING IN CHILDCARE :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

BUT OMG (as the youngsters would say)

So if anyone would like to join me in my appreciation of all things dark, evil, dragon and darn right Machiavellian to the point of genius then welcome aboard.

Only one rule....we must be careful not to give away spoilers so do not scroll down if you are not up to date or are intending to watch box sets of previous seasons.....that is very important as when Game of Thrones throws you a curve ball in the plot you will not be surprised, you will be flabbergasted...you will sit staring at the screen thinking....OMG.....I CANNOT BELIEVE MY EYES!!!!!

So.............

Who else loves Daenerys Targaryen :wub: :wub: :wub: - Ahhhh Dragons....I want one :D ::1a

• Like 1

I love love love it, am streaming each episode live at 2am! Tyrion and Jamie are great, I hate Cersei but I love Jon Snow. I really like Daenerys and her dragons and our local girl done good, Arya.

Cersei.....grrrrrrr evil personified.....Matt here has read all the books and he wont tell me if she gets her comeuppance...surely she must

I love Tyrion too and am worried about him currently, with the might of the Lannisters against him how can he get a fair trail

Jamie....hmmm poor crazy mixed up Jamie. I am pleased he seems to be not quite so under Cerseis thumb now though.

So did you just sit open mouthed at the wedding episode???? What is it with weddings, the Red wedding was even more amazing!

Hubby watches it so I catch bits, joffreys ending was fab :) Waiting to see what happens next with the guy who had his 'bits' removed, unless the curve ball there is nothing will happen. I think the dwarf guy is fab, great character.

Ahh!

I don't know anyone else who watches/reads so I am now VERY excited.

So much to say....

I am just amazed by Tyrion being such a fab character. What a wonder job for the actor.

Love the dragons and want more of the scary stuff north of the wall.

As for the books, he hasn't finished writing them and in fact they don't go much further than they are now. So nobody knows what will happen in the end, except the author, of course.

Who do you want to end up as Monarch of Westeros? I think probably Tyrion but I do love Dani too.

I'm a big GoTs fan. I watched the first 3 series before reading the books but read all of them this last year. I thought I would be sitting smugly knowing what was happening this series but it seems the producers have other ideas.

• Like 1

slightly off subject but I notice the lovely Kit Harrington has grown some pecs and is starring in the new Pompeii film

Oh no - I can't stand it - I 'record' for Mr S but he can only watch it when I'm not in the same room :ph34r: I can usually hear 'tortured screaming' from whatever room I'm in :o perhaps it sounds worse than it actually is...... :blink:

:blink: Realised - that I actually mean Broadwalk Empire Broardwalk/Boardwalk whichever - ref. 'tortured screaming' not Game of Thrones xD Mind you i can't stand either and Mr S has to view on his own!!! :rolleyes:

I'm a big GoTs fan. I watched the first 3 series before reading the books but read all of them this last year. I thought I would be sitting smugly knowing what was happening this series but it seems the producers have other ideas.

Matt hear has read all the books too and makes the odd comment about slight changes in the the books story line and he is not keen on the portrayal of the white walkers but he is still loving the TV series

slightly off subject but I notice the lovely Kit Harrington has grown some pecs and is starring in the new Pompeii film

Tell me about it...my 17 year old Classics geek loved Rob Stark and is consumed by all things Pompeii and Herculaneum so we HAVE to go see it ASAP!!!!

:blink: Realised - that I actually mean Broadwalk Empire Broardwalk/Boardwalk whichever - ref. 'tortured screaming' not Game of Thrones xD Mind you i can't stand either and Mr S has to view on his own!!! :rolleyes:

You do make me laugh xD :lol: xD :lol: xD :lol: xD