Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cross border 2 Year old funded - no one will pay!

My setting is on a border, 500 mtrs other direction difference county!

Anyway, I have a family, been with me for 4 months now, eligible for 2 year old funding. She lives in the other county from my LA. So her LA told me today that the process was too complicated to set me up to pay for her, so my LA should pay. Rang my LA who said no we don't pay - it's coming soon but not yet.

Have spoken to mum and given her a list to go to her LA with saying why they should pay, but seriously what a pickle. The little one is settles and happy to move her would cause her so much upset. Anyone else had experience of this?

No but we have a child who is in foster care in our county but comes from a different county close by. Our county give her the 15 hours nursery education funding so I can't really see how it's much different? Technically the child's address is care of the other council so I would say quite similar to your situation! Sounds like they're just trying to fob you off!!!

My only experience with cross borough is: 2 year old that lives in our borough and in process of being adopted- not quite through yet, so classed as 'a looked after child' and qualifies for 2 year funding. However she lives with her new family in our borough but has been adopted from a neighbouring borough. Discussions/arguments have gone back and forth about who was responsible but finally both boroughs have agreed that the borough she was adopted from is responsible for her funding. Good for us as they pay 50p per hour more than ours!!

• Like 1

It seems that the rules are different for every county / LA.

We are right on a border too but each county funds. For three and four year olds this is straightforward, we just have to send in DOB and address evidence the first time we claim. For two year olds and SEN we have to go through the other county's early years team but they do always fund.