Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Students during an inspection

sallye86

Hello

We have a lot of students in our setting, some good and some bad. One of them has very little knowledge of our policies and procedures, not from receiving information but refusing to take on board and she has admitted that she does not need to know this stuff because it isn't in her course.....weird! But what my question is....

When we have an inspection, will the inspector ask students questions about policies and procedures who are not worked into the ratio????

Thanks

I think I would be concerned if this was a students attitude in my setting. I would contact the college to remind them that I'm happy to have their

students BUT any placed with us have to be

aware of and work within ALL of our policies and procedures.

Our last set of students said they didn't need to learn how to change nappies as they were going to work in a school!

Employers have now been invited to set up a forum to help increase students learning!

Hi

i dont know if this is useful or not but when we had our inspection last year the inspector asked two work experience students from the local High school about our polcies and procedures. The poor students had been on site for a whole two hours but they were able to talk about what to do in the event of an emergency, accident or safeguarding issue.

we always give students a basic talk about policies and procedures and then present them with a copy

all my students have induction training that covers the points mentioned above...i always tell them that if ofsted comes in they will expect them to know and they will ask them questions...bizarrely i have never had any of them in when i have been inspected. Though i have had early years advisors in who scarpered pretty quick!