Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help needed with statutory assesment form !

Im completing this form -never done one before, and my brain has decided its Friday teatime and has given up on me,

can anyone help with the definition of verbal comprehension ? - does this mean being able to understand what they are being told -eg, give me the ball - or - put the ball in the bucket

symbolic understanding - is it that one object represents another ? or that they can understand symbols !

help please !

This link might help with clarifying symbolic functioning (there's other info in the document too)

http://www.pearsonhighered.com/showcase/arnettmaynard/assets/pdf/ArnettMaynard_ChildDevelopment_ch06.pdf

and this one will hopefully clarify verbal reasoning (verbal comprehension)

https://www.slc.cambridgeshire.nhs.uk/ActivitiesIdeasandInfo/PrimarySchool/ReceptiveLanguage/VerbalReasoning/tabid/1406/language/en-GB/Default.aspx

You are not alone - my weekend homework is to write up a TAC and complete a statutory assessment request - once upon a time I thought I worked with young children but more and more I find I have become a report writer and panel beater! (joke - all cases now have to go before a panel to get anything - so support for children is very much reliant on how well a case is presented - so much for a level playing field in early intervention :angry: )

we dont have area senco's anymore - well not a real person, more a disembodied voice on a telephone !

i have my advisory teacher who has been very helpful, so i am going to call her next week - just wanted to clarify things so i could get the right info before i did.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)