Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dark den activities

We have recently acquired a dark den and we are keen to set it up in class.

We have a few general ideas but wondered what other people put in their dark den?

Any activities to promote writing in there (with torches of course!)

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Glow in the dark plastic stars stuck on the wall, we had a stand up disco ball type thing that spun around and projected different coloured circles on the ceiling. My children liked playing torch tag :-) Also hide and seek to find shiny objects, different coloured transparent shape tiles. Push lights are also handy. I also like to put a selection of Nocturnal animals in our Den when we're reading stories linked to them (I.e. Owl Babies). Id really like a light box for my setting too, for placing objects on- but think they might be expensive!!

Hope this is helpful!

Lumpty x

we have a dark den but i dont think i could manage to have any focus on the play in there....it gets rammed with children and the resources get taken everywhere! i have to manage the number of children in there and time them so that everyone gets a go...lol its a head ache but they do love it.....the younger ones are quite difficult to actually get out when there time is up and they generally stage a sit in so I have to crawl in and remove them......funny how its always me that gets to set this activity up.........funny that.....lol

not sure about the writing focus .....lovely ideas from other posters though x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)