Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How to keep ieps

Crikey, I don't keep them at all, they go with the child once they leave the setting. Have you been told to keep them? the only thing I keep 'forever' is accident forms and safeguarding paperwork

i used to keep them or copies of them until child reached secondary school age..

This did prove very useful when a parent raised a complaint against the school and us about not following a proper care plan for the child and informing them of the special needs etc... we could pull out the records we had kept and it showed we had done all we needed to and passed it onto the school... was really useful to have the records.. seems the school had not taken any notice of them and not even kept them!

No idea if you need to or for how long though... just personal experience made us feel the need to keep them.

• Like 1

Where does it state that records need to be kept until the child is 21 as I obviously need to look into this? Is it just IEPs for children with diagnosed SEN or any IEP?