Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

under 3's co-ordinator

Hi

have recently been told that all early years settings should have an Under 3's co-ordinator. Not wanting to sound stupid does anyone already have this in place as I am trying delegate this role to a member of staff and need to draw up a role and responsibilities document.

What are they supposed to oversee? as we already ensure as part of EYFS that activities are differentiated?

I am going to follow this have been thinking about it as we have gained many more 2yr olds, roles and responsibilities would be something I need ideas/guidance on. Thanks for posting Emmawitt. have been browsing but not really come up with a lot . x

We have had a named member of staff as an 'under 3 coordinator' since the introduction of the 2 year funding but she doesn't have a specific written role. She attends any 2 year training as well as useful training for this age group such as communication in toddlers and heuristic play. She ensures that resources and practices are in place in keeping with this age group and is able to advise staff if any questions/issues arise with an age group which is very different from 3/4 year olds. interestingly,Ofsted did ask who our under 3 coordinator was although she didn't actually speak to her in that capacity.