Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Advice we would LIKE to give our children

SueFinanceManager

Well my 19 year son still carries the scars on his face inflicted by the child in question...the same child that one day when I was walking out of the school with Tom and Emily who was only a toddler decided that it would be nice to spit at us....even as he stood with his mother who did NOTHING!!!!!

Tell me you might have considered counselling him differently than turn the other cheek!!!!

Absolutely Sue!

My youngest son has a scar just by his left eye - this courtesy of a little girl when he was just four.........still bugs me - but we always told our boys "you must never, ever hit girls"........That makes it sound like we encouraged them to hit other boys (we didn't - honest!)

• Like 1

Well I used to tell my lads to hit 'em back. When they argued that they werent allowed to hit because they'd be in trouble, I told them to wait outside the school gate and then get them.

They didnt (not then at least) in fact when Rich was in secondary, he used to use the school gym a lot. Never a big conversationalist he'd just nod at the lads in there, lift his weights and leave. He found out later that all the lads in there were scared of him because of the weights he could lift but he's always been a real softy, just quiet enough that no-one could get a measure of him. :1b

• Like 2