Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Qa-how Long To Complete?

Hi All

Those of you who have competed your QA and those doing it now, how long were you given to complete it? We started ours in January, that is we had our first information evening then. We then had three more information evenings in February, March and April. We were told we could do it in our own time and we decided on Christmas.

I received a phone call from one of the organisers about 3 weeks ago who said that we had to have it finished and handed in by the end of this month. Ours isn't going to be-we are nearly there but have a few bits to do.

Just curious to find out how long different schemes are giving settings.

Thanks

Linda

we had as long as we wanted..

No time scale set, we did it at our own pace and when ready contacted our advisor who came and looked at file, made a few suggestions before we submitted it.

we are Lucky in that our scheme has a panel which sits once a month and twice in July so it was our decision whne we were ready....we did ours in 9 months.

must say though we have a submission to make every year....this year is an interim one which does have a time limit set to a year after we recieved our accreditation.

i think it depends on the scheme and the area you are in as to the requirements and time involved.

Inge

The playleader previous to me started ours without letting anyone know. I took over 3 years ago and it's still not complete now I've left. We were asked about it by the DW from the PLA but as the committee werent willing to put any time in or pay a member of staff to spend time on it, it got pushed further and further back. Congratulations to anyone who has finished, I managed 4 units of ours leaving another four undone. :o:D

Started ours in May, no time scale given. I'm just working on the management module at the moment which has 19 sections. I started this in July and have done sections 1-4, it is time managed alongside training. The schedule for the training sessions lasts for a year, so this module alone will take that long. However the other modules which are more "team" focused can be done alongside my management module. The whole process has 5 modules altogether.

I think there needs to be some timescale set otherwise you do get situations like Rea has had, however Linda, I think time scales should be negotiated on an individual basis and not led by funding restrictions. (like Sue suggests, which I agree might be the case)

Good luck with re-negotiating your time limit Linda, as I am sure that will be your next step. :o

Peggy

Thanks for those replies. I also feel that a time limit should be set, with individual groups being able to judge what is best for them. We felt that from April, which is when we had the last info evening, to December was a pretty realistic time frame-given that we had a lot of the units evidenced at that time. We just had to pull the evidence together and then plug any gaps we had.

My argument will be that having told us we could complete when we wanted to, and most of the groups said Christmas like us, to then tell us we have two months less and only give us about 5 weeks notice was very unfair.

I have written and told them that we won't have it finished and we will wait and see what happens. Thanks again for your help.

Linda

Yes I did Peggy-just waiting for a reply.

The other problem we have is that our assessor has left. She has only been out to us once, so has not seen everything such as policies etc. We have been told not to put everything into our folder and to let the assessor look at things like that when she comes in. So now we have 3 days left of term, inset day on Friday, and no arrangement for a visit. :o

Linda

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)