Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hiring a foam castle!

Guest allforthekids

Guest allforthekids

HI all!

We have recently started out 'Dungeons and Dragons' topic - which is already going brilliantly! Unfortunately, we just don't have the budget for a trip to a castle but I read on here that someone has hired a large foam castle for the children to build, explore, knock down (!) - I would love to give our children the opp to do this. Does anyone know about this? Know where I might be able to hire one? Have any other similar activities that they have carried out with children???

Any advice very welcome and appreciated!

Thank you

x

we went to local removals and storage firm and asked for any large boxes they were disposing of or throwing away as they were no longer any use for packing.. they gave us a huge pack of new ones, so were very lucky, including a wardrobe sized one.. from that the children painted and built castles , large and small scale.. they lasted ages..

• Like 1

I like the sound of building a giant castle from boxes - cheaper and much more creative for all the children involved. Wonder how many budding architects you've got in your setting?

Good luck with it - let us know what you decide to do!

We bought a child sized cardboard castle a couple of years ago. It was quite expensive but lasted for a year getting it out every now and then. It flat packed for storage.

It was blank so the children decorated it.

Edited by mollypiper

Guest allforthekids

Thank you all for the ideas - I am going to contact removal companies and ask parents - between the two we should get a good number of boxes. Ideally we will then fill the school hall (we are a school nursery) and then have some fun building! I think it would be really interesting to see what the children can achieve/create early on in the topic and then towards the end having spent more time on the topic...

I'll keep you all posted!

Thanks again

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)