Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

French

I am being asked to cover French in Reception PPA and wondered if other Reception classes usually do French? I am obviously aware it's not in the EYFS !!

I had been lead to be believe it was the register answered in French and what the weather is like, but it now seems more complicated than that!!

We have French classes at our preschool delivered by un petit bonjour , Kay the teacher is fab and gets both adults and children engaged usingr props , puppets and songs. We offered it to parents and for 8 or more taking part it worked out at £3 per child per week or 12 £2 each. It has really inspired both children and staff . We take it in turns to sit in on the half hour session which takes place once a week in a smaller room we have access too. The children who took part have just received a certificate and colouring sheet with the animals ticked that they have learnt . We also invite parents to come in and observe so they know what they are doing. We have A child that participates who has language delay and no verbal speech but this has helped with auditory input . It also helps some children with attention and listening skills.

I taught this French finger rhyme to my reception class, they loved it!

I will add as an attachment if someone will explain how to do this???

Thanks

Thanks for the replies!

I did French at school but did German to exam level, however I've spent many years 'helping' with French homework!!

I think at the moment it's things like weather words, colours and numbers etc, then they do it in a more structured way from Y1 upwards. I lie the idea of it helping with listening and attention skills, but as one our main issues in EYFS as a whole is C&L levels, I do wonder it it would be time better spent on some fun speaking and listening activities in English!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)