Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Registration

Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone has whizzy ideas for afternoon registration in year R. In the morning children self-register and go to independent phonics activities before we come together for phonics teaching. I feel that in the afternoon it is a waste of their time (and mine) for them all to sit down and wait for their name to be called - this can take up to 15 mins if waiting for coats, hats, scarves, toilet breaks etc so those ready first are waiting alongtime on the carpet. What does everyone else do to make this time a bit more child friendly?

Thank you

Hi lulubelle.

Is there any need for an afternoon registration? I am sure we never did one, as once the registers had been sent to the office, children arriving or leaving would be signed in or out at the office. Unless you have a lot of coming and going, I agree there are better things to do with the time.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)