Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observing Staff

I observe my staff within the setting, now when ofsted attend they require me as the manager to assess an activity with them I am unsure if I should now observe the staff using a particular format. If anyone has a format that you are happy to share with me I would be very grateful.

Thank you inadvance

Karen

I had ofsted a fortnight ago and the joint obs was very relaxed. We did 2 together and then chose which one to discuss, for the first I used my normal supervision technique of videoing but for the second I stood beside the inspector and watched. The discussion afterwards was very relaxed and we actually chose the obs where I just watched. I didn't use any proforma or written notes and it was a really positive conversation so try not to worry unduly

Edited by max321

I had ofsted a fortnight ago and the joint obs was very relaxed. We did 2 together and then chose which one to discuss, for the first I used my normal supervision technique of videoing but for the second I stood beside the inspector and watched. The discussion afterwards was very relaxed and we actually chose the obs where I just watched. I didn't use any proforma or written notes and it was a really positive conversation so try not to worry unduly

That's good to hear max! :1b

how on earth did your children leave you alone to do this???

at the moment i have a 2 year old gripped to my leg, a little boy with asd using my hand to write and another one with seperation anxiety....i can't see that they would let me get on with this!

finleysmaid, I did hold a childs hand whilst watching ( the main reason I didn't video) but it was whole group activity so 4 staff and all the other children were engaged in it