Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Toileting problems

Hello everybody I am new here!

I wanted to ask you about toileting.Our children go to the toilet freely as and when they need.A mother has complained saying their child doesn't wipe their bottom properly and can I make sure he is always wiped.I explained they are encouraged to go to the toilet and ask/shout for help if needed.The child yesterday went to the toilet and I asked if he needed help wiping he said no.What am I to do in this instance?What do you all do as mother is irate I am not wiping his bottom even if he has said he wants no help.

Hi Sandollar, I would ask the parent to speak to their child to explain how important it is to wipe properly and that it's okay to have help from the setting.

This is always a tricky one because we are always encouraging independence in the children, but there are sometimes occasions when they may require a little assistance too.

Maybe the parents could practice this more with them at home too.:)

A warm welcome from me too.:)

Edited by Fredbear
  • Like 1

You can get flushable wet wipes these days I think we do a combination of what Fredbear is saying and Rea, quite often when asking if a little one needs help I get presented with a bottom whereby they either touch their toes, or almost get down like a rabbit! Perhaps if you are these little one's key person, you, mum and child could have a conversation together in the loo and come to a workable solution.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)