Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

learning journey and childminder confusion

I have had a little girl join my Nursery class yesterday,who had previously been with a childminder until last week. I rang her today and asked if she could send over her Learning Journey. The childminder said that she didn't have one, as she'd only been with her for a term.

Maybe I have the wrong idea here, but I thought it was a legal requirement to keep some form of record of the children's learning, even if it's not specifically a 'learning journey?' Plus, a term is not exactly a short amount of time! Can someone help me out here please?

well she should have some forms of observations and tracking progress docs - but if she hasn't maybe just try to get some verbal feedback from her you can record to give you a baseline along with the parents thoughts :1b

• Like 1

Ms Truss has something to say on this matter. No statutory requirement for learning journals. Really terrific you value and trust RCM professional imput. So often that assessments are met with condescension I'm sure they're quite taken aback by your interest. Personally, I'd share firstly with the parents with copy of assessments for further or additional setting.

Honey

• 2 weeks later...

nightmare for you, I have just taken on a new lo from another childminder (parent moved area) when asked the parent looked blank and hadn't ever had anything other than a daily dairy with food and sleep time!!!

Bangs head on brick wall!!!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)