Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

quiet area tent

we are looking for a tent /enclosure for our indoor quiet area /sensory area for two little boys who are autistic - we have looked at ikea -they have a circus like tent but we want one that is a little bigger so an adult can also join the child for some sensory / quiet time -hope that makes sense?

anyone have any ideas?

How about Argos or an outdoor supplier who may be selling off at this time of year. We have one, but as it's quite a biggish one it tends to get shoved about a bit with numbers of children in at once! Should have got a slightly smaller one!

ooo that's nice Upsy Daisy :-)

i've seen canopies in Ikea children's dpt for their children's loft beds...about £15 but it was a while ago and I've not been recently

<feel a trip to Ikea coming on for a hot dog and a browse!>

the supermarkets had some pop up tents in over the summer (children's version had a net panel in the top so still have some supervisory visibility!) - would it be worth asking if they have them 'stored'

Beach sun canopy pop up tent thingy - open fronted but you could drape with a voile etc (possibly some parents may have them left over from the glorious recent weather)

Edited by gingerbreadman

I was in IKEA last night in the curtain department. They had on display a tent like canopy made from a pair of tab curtains (the ones with the large eyelet holes. These were threaded through a narrow piece of plastic piping but you could use dowling.

They then added two more pieces of piping one on each side and pinned it around the length of each curtain so it created a 'roof'. if you imagine a triagular shaped roof and the sides of the curtains hanging down - sorry hard to explain. It looked very effective and cheap and easy to do as long as you have something to suspend it from.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)