Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Multicultural dressing up :-)

HI,

Just wanted to share. I have been adding to our dressing up and was not keen to pay £15-25 per item for our multicultural dressing up items. I looked on ebay for children's sari's and got one for £7! Followed the related search and got a whole range of items from around the world very cheap. I googled the proper names for things and found more.

Apologies if this is already what everyone else does but I am feeling very pleased with myself! :D

• Like 8

well done - we have several that a former member of staff would bring back from her travels but we could use more - leads me to this question - do you only put out certain dressing up clothes or a whole variety each time ? we have tended to put out chef outfits with cooker/home corner but other times we put out related clothing - princesses, animals, builders with blocks etc - i find it easier to store them separately and then get them out this way and helps children make links to other resources but wonder if it's no the best way and should let them explore more by putting out a mixture from across the genres.

well done - we have several that a former member of staff would bring back from her travels but we could use more - leads me to this question - do you only put out certain dressing up clothes or a whole variety each time ? we have tended to put out chef outfits with cooker/home corner but other times we put out related clothing - princesses, animals, builders with blocks etc - i find it easier to store them separately and then get them out this way and helps children make links to other resources but wonder if it's no the best way and should let them explore more by putting out a mixture from across the genres.

We have a dressing up rack that we have all our dressing up clothes on all year round. We sometimes move a couple of them if they are relevant to the role play for example :1b

• Like 2

We have a fairly random selection out too and children ask for outfits they want that they know we have. If we are doing something that has specific dressing up clothes, we make sure they're available. LOVE the e-bay idea for sari's etc. We'll all be bidding against each other! ;)

• Like 2