Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Do he ever listen?

Rea

Last night hubby was telling me about a friend of ours who has just received £9000 from Birmingham City Council due to under payment of women for years, she's due another lump soon.

Hubby: will you get anything?

I stared at him in confusion.

Hubby: you should look into it, you might be owed loads.

Me: have I ever worked for the council?

Hubby: Isnt playgroup council then?

20 years involvement as mom on rota, volunteer, staff member, deputy, manager, chair of committee, surely I've told him things! :huh:

In my confusion I've messed up the title,but you get the gist!

Edited by Rea
  • Like 4

Honestly, I do despair! There are many occasions when I know full well he isnt listening but to not listen for 20 years must surely take some beating!

Can I have a medal? An award? Pity? Sympathy then, I'll accept anything! Even a slowly smiley slowly shaking its head would do :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Honestly, I do despair! There are many occasions when I know full well he isnt listening but to not listen for 20 years must surely take some beating!

Can I have a medal? An award? Pity? Sympathy then, I'll accept anything! Even a slowly smiley slowly shaking its head would do :rolleyes:

Nope - you haven't put in enough time yet for any of the above requests -ask again after another 20 years xD

The difference between what? A pillow held tightly over his face or a morning cup of tea taken to him in bed!

Beau, I think he has that already, but thanks anyway! xD

• Like 2

Or, I could say 'I told you' xD

How I've kept my hands from round his neck these past 30 years is a mystery but a bigger one is how no-one has ever had a bad word to say about him in all that time.

• Like 3