Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

CRB check-Australia

Guest sn0wdr0p

Guest sn0wdr0p

I am interviewing a candidate who has lived in Australia for the last five years and I am concerned that getting a CRB/DBS may be problematic and this would go against her when making a decision. Has anyone obtained checks for employees from Australia and how easy and how long did it take. I tried to take someone on last year who had worked in Spain and after 3 months of endless phone calls had to give up.

P.S. I have had an awful lot of applications from qualiified social workers for my managers position but sadly despite some with a lot of experience with children and one who is a level 2 and has run an out of school club and worked in a nursery cannot be considered as they do not have level 3.

Edited by sn0wdr0p

I once had a committee member who'd lived in Australia for a short time and Ofsted refused their CRB application!!

It was quite a few years ago now and the mum was understandably livid!!

Ive had the same thing ...it took us a year! she had to apply to the High commission in Aus to vouch for her (i am having the same issue with someone from America at the mo) but these were trustees not employees so they dont have to be as thorough for staff!

My sources say the body is called the criminal screening unit. She takes applications in her area for free for educators and family members, but I expect your Ozzie would have to apply directly. The forms are verified by a Justice of the Peace.

Any closer?

H

Guest sn0wdr0p

Phew, it's all a bit of a palava isn't it? I rather hope she doesn't end up being the best candidate.

Thanks for all the feedback.

Guest lillybeth

My daughter contacted Perth and asked for a police check form and that was accepted for her CRB it did not take too long.

Well we had a volunteer last year that we got an enhanced CRB done from Lebanon- took a while but dont remember it being months or longer. In January of this year we took on a new member of staff who is Spanish. Her CRB took just over a week to come through- however she had spent the past four years working as a reg CM, so not sure if that made a difference as obviously she had already obtained one.