Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ms Truss on after school clubs

Rea

This has been going on for some time now - the point to consider is that schools will need to be able to show that they are fulfilling their requirement to provide wrap-around care, not provide it themselves. Those putting provision in place need to know that what existing services are available and put parents in contact with them. Childminders, Nurseries and Out of Hours providers need to tell the schools they are willing and able to service that they are there. Schools that are not open to different types of provision might be seen to be anti-competitive/choice.

Honey

Guest sn0wdr0p

She wants blood out of a stone. I charge £20 a day -7.30am-6.00pm and the children get breakfast, 2 course lunch, tea and snacks and drinks and "outstanding opportunities for play" (Ofsted). That's a flipping good deal if you work it out per hour. I have finally put my prices up after 4 years (by 50p a day) and the parents have complained! Until last year I was a stand alone out of school club but we are opening a nursery unit to share the cost of utility bills, rent, rates etc and if that does not work I am going to have to close. So I will be the fifth out of school club to close in our 20 mile area in the last year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)