Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

UV / sun Protection

So I know the sun has only just peaked its way through the clouds but we have applied sun cream for the first time today because the uv level was at 5 (moderate). It prompted us to discuss at our staff meeting about checking the uv level each day and what the uv level would have to be to be deemed unsafe for the children to be outside. I have trawled the Internet but cannot find an answer so was wondering what you all thought or what your procedures are?

xxx

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/wxfacts/The-UV-Index.htm

Is this what you're after? This is for adults, I'd be more cautious with children and extremely cautious with babies. I'm in Newcastle where UV has been at 3 today. I spent about an hour in the sun and I feel burned and my own children are noticeable colouring up.

Honey

Is this what you're after? This is for adults, I'd be more cautious with children and extremely cautious with babies. I'm in Newcastle where UV has been at 3 today. I spent about an hour in the sun and I feel burned and my own children are noticeable colouring up.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/reports/wxfacts/The-UV-Index.htm

Honey

We have this out in our entrance portch with a UV rating for the day indicator that I knocked up (just some word triangles of the appropriate colour with the UV number in them velcro'd onto a UV Rating Today laminated sheet) - our website also gives a link to the met office for the UV rating.

None of that actually means that the children come in appropriately dressed and with sunscreen on - part of our registration process now is for parents to supply a sunhat that stays at the setting. B) B)

Ten tips for protecting children in the sun plus uv and skin type charts.pdf

• Like 1

Interestingly last year I had a parent argue with me that they would not apply sunscreen as their child did not burn in Egypt therefore wouldn't in this country (despite being fair skinned) and that they would not be applying as they were worried about vit D deficiency caused by 15+ sun block!!!!

Not sure what we will get this year!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)