Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Partnerships with SaLT

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have a proforma that they use to record activities suggested by the speech and language therapist?

I have several children who see a SaLT every week whilst at nursery. She always feeds back how they have done and what would be helpful for them to work on over the coming week. I would like to 'formalise' this so that I have written information (my memory is not what it was!) - I can then use this to give a copy to any parent who has not been able to attend and as a reference for the key person, who can pick up the info and 'go'

If anyone has developed a suitable proforma that they would be willing to upload, I would be eternally grateful!

x

Edited by Guest

sorry no help here ...you are really lucky to have them coming in . Ours do a six week block and then we are sent an iep. Not always helpful as they are often 'formal' activities which are hard to reproduce at our setting.... as the SALT's do not visit they have no idea what we offer. We use the ieps to set next steps and change the way they are done ;)

Thanks for that Finleysmaid and sunnyday; I guess we are lucky, but then we seem to have a constant supply of work for the SaLT - despite our work on ECaT!! Because she is in school anyhow, it seems easier to get everyone done on one day.

Edited by Guest

i think i have enough on salt to employ a whole team of therapists! (we're doing the elklan course in september to try to address some of these issues). I think if i was doing a pre-forma i would make it like our next steps ...so simle format 3 columns

1 what are they doing now

2 what do they need to do next

3 ideas for 'activities

...would that work?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest clarity

Hi, I'm a SLT and I suggest you ask your SLT to provide some written targets for you to work towards so that you don't have to hold all the information in your head!! I suggest you ask her how you can help the child work towards the targets through day to day activities with the child. Also ensure that every adult in the nursery knows that what the targets are so that when any opportunity arises through child-initiated activity all adults can provide input - that will increase the child's opportunities so that they achieve the target much quicker. Good luck!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)