Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

IEPs- where to store?

Hi

Hi. We have a couple of children who have an IEP and currently I give a copy to parents/other professionals and store a copy in the child’s personal file.

I was just wondering if we should put a copy in the child’s learning journey or not?

Thanks

I would say put it in the learning journey only because the IEP will contain information about the child's learning and development and I suspect the information in the learning journey will reflect the IEP expectations/ areas to work on or develop? Its handy for the keyperson/ key buddy to have easy access should the need it. Also if you had cover and they were supporting the named child, access to the IEP would be important.... This would be my basis for putting it the learning journey because the IEP is no different to the next steps you plan for any other child, its uniqueness lies in the fact that it is an information shring document that several professionals and parents & child have agreed to. I assume other parents would not have access to other children's learning journeys so you wouldnt be risking confidentiality either. Different settings may do it differently.

Hello

We don't store in learning journeys as these are given as a keepsake to the parents when their child leaves. Although parents do read them and sign them.

We put them in the child's personal files and also store a copy in the SEN file.

As of last term, I decided IEP's go into the Child's Learning Journey, yes this will get passed to school but it is relevant to that child's learning - once school have finished with the learning journey they get passed back to the parents.

Any written observations from the area Senco will be put into the child's personal file and will stay with us.....until the end of time......whenever that is ;)

• Like 2

if the school is to do a statement at any time they may require your IEP's so i would always put a copy in their learning story.ours are kept with the childrens next steps ...because that is what they are and all the staff need to know what is on there

• 5 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)