Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Being imaginative - development matters statement query

copying modelled role-play from adult e.g. us playing with them and modelling making a call and taking a message, then they might do this when we move away. so the beginnings of imaginative play really x

also i would say cooking dinner , shopping etc all the things they see adults do - we have one little boy who loves to iron - he spreads item onto table (like mummy does he says) then he lightly touches the iron(make sure its hot he says but be careful) then irons the garment moving it round and round so all ironed x

also i would say cooking dinner , shopping etc all the things they see adults do - we have one little boy who loves to iron - he spreads item onto table (like mummy does he says) then he lightly touches the iron(make sure its hot he says but be careful) then irons the garment moving it round and round so all ironed x

is that the statement below though? about role-play based on own first-hand experiences? i would think so. i feel this is about copying our modelled play. i could be wrong though!!!

as above...and may not be an immediate copy of an action - may see something and replicate it say an hour later or even the next day - writing up an accident if one of their friends bumps themselves, techniques during a baking activity or in the dough area and they tell you granny does it like this, reading a book to friends...with the book facing away from them, turned toward friends pointing at the pictures and words - never fails to raise a smile!

...but I find many of these new statements a little out of 'sync' - this seems fairly 'easy' and we see our 2's doing it but some other statements in other areas for the 22-36 seem very hard to achieve :blink:

is that the statement below though? about role-play based on own first-hand experiences?

ah now a spanner is in the works...I see them as very closely related/one in the same thing! and when I think too hard about it my head hurts!

I guess though the latter one means they are retaining the information and interpreting it in their own way????

role-play based on own first-hand experiences?

Notices what adults do, imitating what is observed and then doing in spontaneously when the adult is not there?'

please help me see the difference - I'm going to start doubting my judgements now!

• Notices what adults do, imitating what is observed and thendoing it spontaneously when the adult is not there
  • Engages in imaginative role-play based on own first-hand experiences

i would say granny example is 2nd and being 'teacher' is both!! 2nd is from home, 1st from us

that's how we judge it. i wonder what others think? that's why this forum is so fab. i posted yesterday asking help with a maths one!!

i wonder what others think? that's why this forum is so fab.

It truly is..it's like having the biggest most supportive team on tap! and it's so nice to know others have questions, doubts, worries, issues etc too and we aren't alone after all!!

thanks for your thoughts...I even googled role-play! :D

Edited by gingerbreadman

As to 'engages in imaginative role play ....' I think this is a bit deeper, we see some emerging imagination coming through the role play, perhaps the starting of some narrative to go with it. There's a bit more attention to detail, not just role play getting into a car and driving, maybe looking for lost keys first, strapping a doll in a car seat, possibly getting a cloth to wipe the windows. A bit more imagination generally, perhaps flying to the moon based on the experience of seeing the moon. That sort of thing

• Like 1

As to 'engages in imaginative role play ....' I think this is a bit deeper, we see some emerging imagination coming through the role play, perhaps the starting of some narrative to go with it. There's a bit more attention to detail, not just role play getting into a car and driving, maybe looking for lost keys first, strapping a doll in a car seat, possibly getting a cloth to wipe the windows. A bit more imagination generally, perhaps flying to the moon based on the experience of seeing the moon. That sort of thing

yes agree it is more than just very basic play, and needs to be seen in a variety of places to achieve it, not just house play x

Thanks everyone. That's just how I interpreted it. The 'imitating' one is more copying actions they have seen in, the 2nd one 'engages in imaginative role play' as developing their own ideas from what they have seen.

Thanks for your replies,

You're all stars,

Green Hippo x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)