Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Can anyone help with activities for these topics please?

Hi there, this is my very first post on this website! I have recently started working in a pre school setting which I am enjoying very much! I need to think of some activities relating to the following topics:

Under the sea

Ourselves

Opposites

I need to think of activities to do with children from 2 to 3 year olds.

Much appreciated!

Thank you!

Xxx

Welcome to the forum..

i suggest a search through the forum to see what is already there...

a look at the articles activity support will give some ideas..

as will a look at topic support...

and a look through topic ideas will bring up loads

many of us work with children's interests so often it is not topic led planning but a bit off the cuff... hope you find something useful in what is already there..

hi, some ideas for ourselves could be a simple picture of their face and or whole body - as adult says a body part then the child sticks a dot on that place - a good way of getting to know their body parts and can be more difficult for more able children - eg knees , elbows etc - the younger ones could just have a face and mark eyes, nose etc

creating music using their body - use letters and sounds for this

mr tongue exercises - speech therapy gave us a copy and really useful

family tree - pictures of their family - name them - draw pictures of them

Hey Welcome to the forum!!!

Welcome to the forum..

i suggest a search through the forum to see what is already there...

a look at the articles activity support will give some ideas..

as will a look at topic support...

and a look through topic ideaswill bring up loads

many of us work with children's interests so often it is not topic led planning but a bit off the cuff... hope you find something useful in what is already there..

Probably not very helpful but like Inge we follow the children's interests ...........so what is it about 'under the sea, ourselves and opposites' are your children interested in? ....then go along with this scaffolding their inquiries and setting up the environment to extend their interests.....Ask yourself what is fascintaing your 2-3yr olds about these three topics then use that as your starting point....? Not to teach you to suck eggs but I do find this helps me in planning. All the best!

A really lovely activity for ourselves which is a gorgeous thing to look back on in learning journeys for parents is a poem. You can get, or make up one with gaps that they fill. E.g. ..... Is my favourite toy. It can be quite tricky collecting the info!! But so worth it when you end up with a very personalised all about me poem. I'd aim for one a day though, not a morning's activity!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)