Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

How do you do yours? SEF

flowlow

Hi all

Just updating SEF cannot put it off any longer :ph34r: mine is huge I am the first to admit it!!! :o someone from the LEA told me we should just bullet point things so that there is still things to discuss when Ofsted come in. I feel looking at my huge, many hours worth of effort I wonder if this would cover everything and 'sell us' enough. what does anybody else do???

we were told this too; I've tried but mine is war and peace as well!!!

I'm going to go back over it, bullet point the main/essential bits, keep a few paragraphs and 'signpost' to as much evidence in the setting as possible (for talking points) and have an 'evidence file' that I can present to him or her

Ultimately I feel that if you've spent the time to write it, it should be read but bless Mouse (I think it was) she had submitted hers and it wasn't forwarded to the inspector!

If it makes you feel any better, ours if huge too! However I am leaving it as it is, as it really does give a very good insight into our setting, and I would not know what to take out or how to turn it into bullet points. My staff have all contributed, and therefore it will be staying as war and peace :-)

I must confess mine is war and peace too and so pleased others have the same. I have very tentatively sent mine on for the person who told me to bullet point it to read and comment on but I do feel a little embarrassed about how long it is!!!

I like the sound of that Melba I wonder though how many times it could be 'updated' before new one needed writing for clarity??

Edited by Johanna1

Well I am testament to the fact that you can get an outstanding Ofsted judgement without a SEF! I admit we are well experienced in The Bristol Standard (a local self evaluation process) but I think it was down to the fact all the team knew exactly what our priorities were and how we were going to achieve them that sealed our fate! Anyway I do intend to write a SEF but at least the pressure is off having to do it immediately! Hope that encourages people!

Well I am testament to the fact that you can get an outstanding Ofsted judgement without a SEF! I admit we are well experienced in The Bristol Standard (a local self evaluation process) but I think it was down to the fact all the team knew exactly what our priorities were and how we were going to achieve them that sealed our fate! Anyway I do intend to write a SEF but at least the pressure is off having to do it immediately! Hope that encourages people!

yep we were in the same position....but the emphasis is definitely changing so i won't be putting it off for too long

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)