Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ratios

Can't say i surprised but feel the motives are a little disengenuous...seems a massive coincidence that the two year old ratio is being adjusted at a time when we need to create thousands of places for 2 year olds,,but just call me a cynic! It seems to be pushing the concept that childcare fees need to reduce, but actually much though parents complain about fees, they do not support reducing ratios.

As far as I am concerned this is typical meddling, without thinking through the real problems in the childcare sector. Yet again the talk is about increasing quality and reducing costs, yet the issue of low pay has still not been adressed, and can never be addressed when the focus is cost reduction.

• Like 1

Can't comment on the under twos, but isn't the 3/4 year olds the same as is now, and the extra 2 on the 2 yr old ratio would make life in our setting much easier when it comes to free flowing (with existing staff levels) its always a pain sticking to 1:4 especially if pushing 3 and as capable as some of the over 3's.

at the moment the only two year olds we have are those deemed as vulnerable and they do need that extra support as they usually bring lots of issues with them do the parent who also need lots of support - so 1:4 is just right for these children - not sure how will work with 1:6 as think it will depend on each individual child but then that also relates to three and four year olds too.

The only time it could help is if a member of staff is called off site, or someone is suddenly taken ill, at least it's not desperate to find cover. As a total packaway setting we couldn't have any less staff anyway as we wouldn't be able to open up in time.

So no increased ratios or reduced fees will be given at our setting!!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)